Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Monday, September 24, 2012

Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die

I have just watched most of "Terry Pratchett: Choosing To Die" that was shown on SBS Sunday 23 September 2012.  It was rated 'Show of the Week' and I read the critique but for some reason decided I didn't want to watch it.  I was speaking to Suzie after yoga today and she said how good and well done it was, and although a challenging subject, it was so good, I googled it and watched it.


 
 
 
 
 
 
It is utterly captivating, compelling.  Regardless of whether you agree with the actions taken, these are some of the bravest people you'll ever see.  You witness a man taking his life in a very peaceful, and conscious way.  A wife sits by her husband as he willingly takes poison and dies before her eyes.  I am gobsmacked.  I hate hearing that word, but it is appropriate here.  The documentary was so very powerful, it left me speechless.  I can't get my head around it.   Although I feel people should be allowed to decide for themselves about euthanasia: witnessing it is altogether something else. 



Full name: Terence David John Pratchett. Add a ‘Sir’ onto the front there as well, thanks to an OBE. Born in 28th April 1948. Frequently works in the comical fantasy genre, and is most famous for his long-running series, Discworld.   Awarded an OBE in 1998 and knighted in 2009. In December 2007, Pratchett announced that he was suffering from Alzheimer’s disease at an early stage, and donated heavily to charities based around that disease.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment